partying-in-the-weekend

The Weekend Effect (What You Need To Know)

No doubt you’ve hated the entire week only to have a massive amount of happiness increase as soon as you finish work on Friday.

But I bet nobody’s told you that this is a real effect and it’s happening to billions of people all over the globe.

It is called the “weekend effect”, and it’s exactly what we will be discussing here today.

The matter of fact is, it is a real issue and a big problem because people live like they are in a prison for 71% of their entire life!

If that isn’t a true eye-opener. I don’t know what is!

What is The Weekend Effect?

partying-in-the-weekend

partying-in-the-weekend

Short answer: The weekend effect is the increase of your happiness levels on the weekends.

Long answer: The more down in the dumps you are (stressed out, angry, sad) during a work week, the more your mood will increase in the weekend.

Basically, if you hate your job you will always be happy when you’re finished for the day and most especially at the end of the week.

That’s where the “weekend effect” comes into play.

Your mood will increase when you knock off on Friday the more you dislike your job, and it will continue throughout the weekend.

Your mood then goes back to normal on Monday morning.

Why Your “Weekend Mood” Increases

Your weekend mood is all determined on how you feel during the week while you’re at your job.

If you love your job and are always happy, you’re probably going to be the exact same on the weekends and have an overall happier lifestyle as a result.

If you hate your job, you’ll probably LOVE the weekends.

This is all because you’re excited to get the hell out of the hell-hole that you’ve been in for the last 5 days!

And it might seem funny now, but it definitely is not because you’re living an unhealthy life with more chances of a mental illness than ever before.

Flattening Out Your Mood For the Week

The trick is to become happier during the week so it matches your weekend mood (or very close to it at least).

Why you ask?

Because it’s simply unhealthy on so many levels to live your life 5 days a week on autopilot hating every hour, every minute and second of the day.

There is no argument here.

You either sort the problem at hand now, or never…where you face long-term problems down the line such as depression and other related illnesses.

Your Boss & The Workplace Environment (Sort Everything Now)

workplace-boss

It’s been proven that if you get along with your boss and actually believe in your workplace and everything you do there, you will be a much happier employee.

If you can sort things out with your boss at the very least, your mood might actually increase and your week might be more tolerable.

However, if there are still issues, it may be the work in general and work environment.

In this instance, if you cannot change your position or the situation it might be time to get out of there because there’s nothing else for you to do…other than stay in a job you hate for the rest of your life.

So make small changes over a couple weeks, ride the wave and see how you go.

Small changes are best because your boss MIGHT actually consider them and take action depending on how good you made your proposal.

Whereas with big changes your boss is only going to look at you and laugh, then tell you to get back to work, lol *sad but true*.

This is a MASSIVE, World-Wide Problem

I’ve said it time and time again. Most people do indeed live for the weekend and it’s very sad to see.

This isn’t just happening in your area, my area or your best friends little town.

No, this problem is world-wide and it’s happening to most people in fact.

The more scary part is that it isn’t changing anytime soon, and actually getting worse.

Just look at the prices of everything going up while wages aren’t even keeping up!

It’s causing people to work more and more just to get by.

The gap from the rich and poor is increasing. What’s it going to take for people to wake up to what’s really going on?

This is a whole other subject we aren’t getting into right now, but you bet it’s on the cards in the future!

If You Choose Not To Do Anything

If you keep doing what you’re doing and have no plans of changing your situation anytime soon, then I’m sorry to say but you’re going to be miserable for the rest of your life.

If you make excuses NOW you will always make excuses because that’s what people do just to make themselves feel better.

The good news is that you are right now, in a position to change what your future will look like and that’s what matters the most.

But time is not slowing down and the reason why you need to take control of your life before it’s too late.

Either you change what makes you unhappy in your workplace or change your job altogether.

Otherwise do what I did and find a way out of the whole “9-5” thing so you don’t have to put up with these issues any longer.

I create blogs just like this for a living.

I don’t answer to anyone and work on my own schedule. And yes, that means I can skip days or even weeks if I want to.

That’s the beauty of affiliate marketing and owning a blog my friend.

Screw the 9-5 grind and instead create something you have full control over and are able to axe your miserable day job.

THAT’S what I recommend and it’s what I’ve been doing for almost 2 whole years now.

Go here for a way out of the rat race

What are your thoughts? Leave all questions and comments below!

22 thoughts on “The Weekend Effect (What You Need To Know)”

1. Hi, Brandon, I love the beginning of your article about the weekend effect it definitely caught my attention. It caught my attention because I can totally relate to this. I remember every time closer to my day off I was more motivated. Then one day I realized that I really hated my job and started to pursue other things. 🙂 thank you for the article sometimes we just need that clarity.

• It takes a while before you get the mindset of “I want to get out of this, and I will do WHATEVER it takes”.

Most people just say to them selves “I hate doing this everyday”, and they do absolutely nothing about other than wait for their retirement.

By then it’s too late to do everything they had planned. Their old bodies cannot travel as much, cannot explore huge mountains they had planned and do the activities they always wanted to do.

Sadly this is the reality – a massive dream killer in my eyes.

2. Heck Yeah, I love the phrase weekend mood. lol. I believe you are correct I need to live everyday likes it Friday. TIME CHANGE PEOPLE!!! No seriously good post, I liked it.

• It may seem funny but it really is not. It is how most people live their lives.

Yes! It is definitely time for a change!

3. This is a very inspiring post I must say. This reminds me of one of the quotes from T. Harv Eker: “If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you are going to keep getting what you’ve always got. You gotta switch it up!”

I really don’t think weekend is the only time to feel happy. We MUST be able to feel happy every single day of our lives.

If we love what we do, we will never have to work a single day in our lives. And most of the time, corporate jobs do the exact opposite.

Love your post!

• That’s what I think too! Why be happy for 2 days of the entire week and be miserable the rest? No wonder we have the highest suicide rate than ever before!

4. Hi Brandon, I enjoyed reading your post. It got me thinking a lot how we’ve been living our lives like this and enjoying only weekends, meaning we have missed out a lot in life! I finally quit the job that stopped from me from growing and pursuing another job that I hope will inspire me and allow me to utilize my skill set to improve and make a better change for the company while at the same time building my blog to help others. I can definitely relate to the post though, as I used to be one of those who hated Mondays and always looked forward to weekends. Thank you for a great, inspiring post! 🙂

• Heck yea. I was also one of those guys that dreaded a Monday and got a little happier on Thursday because it was almost Friday.

After work on Friday it was the best feeling in the world. There was no answering to a boss so you felt free for 2 “whole” days.

What a joke of a society we live in. I’m glad I can help others break out and pursue their dreams, whatever they may be 🙂

5. Great post i was interested to see how this works out for people. I totally agree about having a purpose in life and making the most of it. One thing is to try and sort out your situation rather than be passive, we only got one life right,

well done

• Definitely. Never settle or you’ll get what everyone else has got because that IS what everyone is doing.

You want more? You have to go above and beyond.

You want the same? Do what your fellow employees are doing. I can’t stress that enough.

I agree with you. It is sad that many people gets excited only during weekend, and then they are back to 9-5 mindset again, hating Monday through Friday.
    When I was working for a boss, it got me too. But now, I am a full time Online Marketer, every day is pretty much the same to me. The only thing that excites me now, is seeing one of my campaigns taking off and make money. lol

Thanks for this post. We are like minded! Hope to meet you in the future talking about online business and stuff.

Cheers,
    Edy

• Congratulations on pursuing an online career and making it work for you.

It’s not easy at the very start but 100% attainable for those willing to break out of societies rules and do whatever they want in life.

I’ll be travelling more in the future so I’ll definitely like to meet you and have a chat about business…or have a beer or 2, lol.

Cheers for the comment 🙂

7. I’m in the fortunate position that I don’t work for a boss anymore and I couldn’t be happier. I can, however, very well relate to what you are saying here because I did work in a corporate environment and weekends were my happy times.

You nailed it with this article and I agree with Jerry that we must be happy every day, not just weekends.

Very good article, thanks.

8. It is all mental. You can choose to love what you are doing, or you can switch it up and create a bit more freedom in your life. I have truly enjoyed creating an online business with the help of Wealthy Affiliate. It has helped me realize that I truly can do anything in life.

• The thing is, most people can’t even TRY to like what they are doing no matter how hard they have a crack at it.

They have to either change the situation or their job altogether, OR work for themselves instead.

It’s great that you’re trying out WA. If you ever need help I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

9. I agree with you and Jerry. Life is about being happy 7 days a week, not just the weekend. Your post has given me a reminder of that. Thank you and all the best.

Habib

10. Great post!
    So many people just live out there lives in the “rat race” being miserable everyday is no way to live. The working world is evolving and there are so many options to live a balanced and rewarding life doing what you want to do!
    Affiliate marketing is a great way to do this. I hope lots of people become inspired by your post and strive for happiness!
    Andy

• Thank you for the kind words, Andrew.

This is a real problem that’s happening right now at this point in time, no matter when you’re reading it.

The severity of this issue still doesn’t wake people up to how they’re living their life.

I guess the ones that really want more out of life will chase it right now before waiting for their retirement.

11. This is why I’m so happy to be working at establishing myself as in individual in the online marketing world. No more headaches about meeting deadlines. No more having to deal with the boss’s frustrations. Your post really does spur one on to take stock and either head for the hills to greener pastures or continue plodding on week in and week out.

Great article! Thanks, Brandon.

• Definitely one of the better perks for working from home on the internet.

If you really want it you have to go out and get it yourself because nobody in life is going to hand you anything on a silver platter.